Regional investment climate
Investing is one of the most important sources of economic growth and the basis of scientific and technical progress. The successful solution of ensuring sustainable and balanced regional economic growth on the basis of economic diversification and competitiveness largely depends on the formation and implementation of incentive policies aimed at attracting investments and that have a significant impact on Belgorod region socio-economic development level.
Investment attractiveness of Belgorod region is based on the following competitive advantages: favorable climatic, geographical, socio-political, demographic factors, stable social standard of living, high scientific and technological potential level, advanced transportation, engineering, market infrastructure, highly qualified personnel, higher and secondary educational institutions and the legal framework, the active regional government position to the development of the economic complex.
Integrated network of paved roads connect cities, towns and villages of Belgorod region. Currently region is almost completely gasified, gasification level is 98.5 percent. All this factors enables production with any industry profile in the region.
According to expert estimates the rating of Russian Federation investment attractiveness Belgorod region has both a stable and high-quality investment climate. According to the results of the 18th annual ranking of investment attractiveness of Russian regions in 2013 prepared by RA "Expert" Belgorod region took 2nd place among the regions with minimal investment risks and 18th place in terms of investment potential.
Sub-program "Improving the investment climate and promoting innovation"
Measures and mechanisms of business support in Belgorod region
Law of the Belgorod region "On Property Tax organizations"
Business property tax rate
4.2. The tax rate for companies registered in Belgorod region in respect of assets acquired, constructed and manufactured contributed as a contribution to the authorized (share) capital of the organization as a result of reconstruction or modernization minus the cost of a pre-existing property in the framework of investment projects implementation on the territory of Belgorod region:
1) to promote energy efficiency and energy saving:
- For the manufacture of components for the production of light-emitting diodes;
- To the electricity and thermal energy through the use of biogas technology (construction of biogas plants) as well as solar energy (including the production of materials and components for photovoltaic) and wind energy;
2) included in the long-term target program "Development of nanotechnology in Belgorod region for 2010 - 2014";
2.1) included in the long-term target program "Modernization and development of machine-building complex of the Belgorod region in 2012 - 2016";
(paragraph introduced by the law of the Belgorod region from 21.12.2012 N 160)
3) implemented with the involvement of subsidies in accordance with the Regulation of the Government of the Russian Federation dd. April 9, 2010 N 218 "On measures of state support for the development of cooperation of Russian higher education institutions and organizations implementing complex projects for high-tech production,"
set on the investment projects payback period but not more than 5 years, in the following amounts:
in the first year of the payback period - 0.1%; in the second year of the payback period - 0.2%; in the third year of the payback period - 0.3%; in the fourth year of the payback period - 0.4%; in the fifth year of the payback period - 0.5%;
The Law of Belgorod region dd. 20.12.2013 N 250 in the first paragraph of paragraph 4 Part 4.2 Article 2 is amended which are applicable to legal relations arising from January 1, 2014.
4) included in the long-term target program "Production of protected ground vegetables and modern storage facilities creation for storage of agricultural products produced in Belgorod Region for 2010 - 2014" or aimed at the development of protected ground vegetable growing be means of greenhouses construction on the basis hydroponic technology for growing vegetables,
(new version of Belgorod region law from 20.12.2013 N 250)
Set for the investment projects payback period but not more than 8 years in the following amounts:
in the first year of the payback period - 0.1%; in the second year of the payback period - 0.2%; in the third year of the payback period - 0.3%; in the fourth year of the payback period - 0.4%; In the fifth year of the payback period - 0.5%; in the sixth year of the payback period - 0.6%; in the seventh year of the payback period - 0.7%; in the eighth year of the payback period - 0.8%. (Section 4.2 introduced by the law of the Belgorod region from 08.07.2011 N 49)
by The Law of Belgorod region "On the organization profits tax benefits "
The present law in accordance with the Tax Code of the Russian Federation establishes the reduction of organization profits tax 4 percentage points in the amounts payable to the regional budget, the:
organizations registered in the Belgorod region and implementing investment projects aimed at improving energy efficiency and conservation on the territory of Belgorod region - on income received from the sale of the following manufactured by organization products:
- Components for the production of LEDs, provided that the reporting (tax) period is not less than 70 per cent of the components volume in physical terms are sold for export;
- Materials and components for photovoltaic. (p. 6 introduced by the law of the Belgorod region dd. 08.07.2011 N 48).
Organizations producing cement and registered in Belgorod region to reduce the rate organization profits tax by 4.5 percentage points in the amounts payable to the regional budget. (Article 1.1 introduced by the Belgorod region law from 26.12.2011 N 90).
Organizations registered on the territory of Belgorod region which are not parties to the consolidated group of taxpayers whose activities are carried out under the provisions of Chapter 3.1 of the Tax Code of the Russian Federation, to lower the rate of organization profits tax by 3 percentage points in terms of amounts payable to the regional budget, with the simultaneous execution of the following conditions in accordance with the tax reporting:
- In the tax period the share of spending on research and (or) development activities in spending reducing the amount of proceeds from the sale will be not less than 1 percent;
- tax base increase for organization profits tax, compared with the previous fiscal period. (Article 1.2 introduced by the law of the Belgorod region from 04.10.2012 N 130).
For organizations registered in the Belgorod region to reduce the rate of organization profits tax by 4.5 percentage points in the amounts payable to the regional budget on income received from sales of own products:
- Electric and thermal energy produced by processing of organic agricultural wastes as well as solar and wind energy;
organic fertilizers produced in the process electricity generation and heat based on the processing of organic agricultural wastes. (Article 1.3 introduced by the law of the Belgorod region from 06.11.2012 N 146).For organizations of all kinds of ownership expanding or organizing new production in the Federal government agencies of the Federal Penitentiary Service Office on the territory of Belgorod region using the labor of convicts exemptions are granted subject to separate accounting profits earned as a result of the expansion or the opening of new production facilities with the participation of convicts labor. (Article 2).